Szechwan Dragon Shrimp
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
Tomato Bruschetta top
- French baguette
- cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.