Mint Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 stick butter at room temp
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Beat butter and cheese until creamy, gradually add half the confectioners sugar and green tea powder.
- Add flavorings and beat until combined, then gradually add the rest of the confectioners sugar until it is the consistency you prefer.
- Frost your cupcakes or cake. Enjoy!
Black and Blue Pie top
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut shortening into 2 cups flour and salt until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle in water 1 tablespoon at a time until flour is moistened. Gather into a ball, and roll out onto a lightly floured board. Make two rounds. Place one crust in a 9 inch pie dish.
- Mix sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon. Stir in berries to coat. Turn filling into pastry lined pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, dot with butter. Cover with top crust; cut slits in the top. Seal and flute.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes. Cover edges with foil to prevent burning, and remove foil for last 12 minutes of baking.
Banana ‘bama Pancakestop
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, oil and bananas. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using about one-fourth cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
Crepes a la Paristop
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine eggs and milk. Add flour and salt and last the melted butter. Beat until smooth. Batter can be mixed in blender.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat a 6-inch greased skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of batter. Tip skillet from side to side until batter covers the bottom of the skillet. Brown crepes on both sides. Keep hot.
- Place desired filling in center and roll. Add sauce.
Decadent Mousse top
- 1/2 C. any chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 C. whipping cream, very cold
- 1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Fresh raspberries, to garnish (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine whipping cream and instant coffee.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes, and then stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Stir in hazelnut spread
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until soft peaks form. Scrape bowl occasionally with rubber spatula as you mix.
- The mousse will be very soft here-- don't worry. It sets up as it chills.
- Divide among 4 serving dishes. Chill at least four hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls or fresh raspberries, if desired.
- 10.5 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp. Añejo rum
- 2 eggs, room temp, whites and yolks separated
- 1/4 C. caster sugar
- 1/2 C. whipped cream
- 15 strawberries, hulled, cleaned, and quartered
- 1/3 C. strong coffee or espresso
- 14 ladyfingers
- unsweetened cocoa, to garnish
- Beat egg yolks with sugar with electric mixer on med-high until yolks are pale and thick. Add mascarpone, beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold cream into cheese mixture, then fold in egg whites.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- In sm. bowl, combine rum and espresso. Dip seven of the ladyfingers into the coffee/rum mixture (don't dip the entire ladyfinger, or it may fall apart), then place them in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Spread half the cheese/strawberry mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Dip remaining seven ladyfingers in coffee/rum, then place over cheese. Spread remaining cheese over.
- Refrigerate four hours (or more), then sift cocoa over and serve. If desired, garnish each piece with half a strawberry.
NYC Style Cheesecaketop
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package vanilla flavored cake mix
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup kirschwasser
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut peeled bananas in half lengthwise, then halve each length. Set aside.
- In a large skillet combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon over med-low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add bananas. Sauté, stirring gently, until banana pieces begin to cook and brown slightly.
- Pour in dark rum and banana liqueur. Heat through, about 30 seconds to one minute.
- Tilt skillet slightly. Using a long-handled lighter, ignite the rum and liqueur. Shake gently to spread the flames.
- When flames have subsided, serve one banana (4 pieces) with one or two scoops of ice cream, to taste. Spoon over lots of warm sauce. Serve before it melts.
Next > >